The Think Tank International Academy aims to represent the full diversity of Marin County , including a range of socioeconomic backgrounds. We believe deeply that this serves our students by creating a more powerful educational experience, in which multiple viewpoints are honored and incorporated.
To do this, we've created a Flexible Tuition program, which adjusts tuition levels according to a family's ability to pay, as reflected by financial information they provide about their income and assets. Our intent is to make The Think Tank Academy accessible for all families, including low- to middle-income families.
Flexible Tuition range for the 2017-2018 school year is $500 - $31,500, depending on a family's demonstrated ability to pay.
How to Apply for Flexible Tuition
We've partnered with SSS/NAIS Financial Aid Assessment to provide families with an easy online application process. Simply follow these steps to apply for our Flexible Tuition Program:
To begin your scholarship application, you will complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process. They can be found at sssbynais.org/parents.
We will communicate our financial aid decision to you. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
• Beginning October 24, 2016, go to https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal
• Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
• Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2017-18. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
• After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $48 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
• After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access in the PFS Online to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.